Solana Foundation’s Remote Procedure Call (RPC) endpoints went offline on January 8th as a result of a bug in the Validator client’s test release 1.14.
According to an update by Solana Status, the bug affected those nodes that adopted the latest test release and advised those operating on the node to change over to 1.13. RPC endpoints are essentially the nodes that connect decentralized applications (DApps) and wallets to the blockchain.
- The incident, however, did not impact Solana’s block production as opposed to previous cases of outages that froze the network’s ability to produce block for hours.
“Mainnet beta Explorer and Solana Foundation Public RPC endpoints are currently offline as RPC node software is upgraded, following a bug in test release 1.14. Block production has not been impacted and the Solana network has not been impacted.”
- The bug only affected the RPCs run by the foundation, while the private ones offered by firms, including Triton, QuickNode, and Alchemy, on the other hand, remained operational.
- While clarifying that the affected RPCs represent just a tiny subset of Solana’s RPC infrastructure, Austin Federa, Solana Foundation’s Head of Strategy & Communications, stated,
“The Solana Foundation’s RPCs are a severely rate-limited service that’s not meant for anything production-grade, just testing and casual use. Solana Foundation’s RPC infra is intentionally on the bleeding edge of release candidates to do just this – find bugs in low-impact situations.”
- Solana suffered a handful of outages and transaction stops last year amidst the crushing crypto winter, dragging SOL’s price down massively.
- 2023, however, started off on a fairly positive note for the native token. In fact, SOL saw the best first week of the year out of any top-20 crypto-assets by market cap.
- Over the past 24 hours alone, SOL was up by 22% and is currently trading at above $16.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.
Credit: Source link