The cryptocurrency industry is no stranger to costly mistakes, and the last one seems to have happened not so long ago. Just a couple of days ago, the owner Ape #3457 from the Bored Ape Yach Club collection, accidentally sold it for a lot less than it is worth.
- The NFT marketplace Opensea shows the sequence of the events that led to the unfortunate sale of a Bored Ape worth some $300K for $3K.
- The former owner bought it for 1 ETH in May this year and has been trying to sell it for quite some time to no avail.
- Two days ago, though, he listed it for 0.75 ETH instead of 75 ETH, and the NFT got sniped immediately.
- The one who sold it by accident reportedly told CNET that it was a mistake and that bots sniped it before he could cancel the listing.
A lapse of concentration I guess. I list a lot of items every day and just wasn’t paying attention properly. I instantly saw the error as my finger clicked the mouse but a bot sent a transaction with over 8 ETH of gas fees so it was instantly sniped before I could click cancel, and just like that, $250K was gone. – He said.
- This isn’t the first time something of the kind happens with an NFT from the BAYC collection.
- Back in August, CryptoPotato reported that someone sold Mutant Ape 5275 was sold for $17 instead of $54K – a trick that many consider being blatantly obvious.
Featured image courtesy of The New Yorker
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to register and receive $100 free and 10% off fees on Binance Futures first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register & enter POTATO50 code to get 50% free bonus on any deposit up to $1750.
Credit: Source link